With that definition in mind, perhaps a larger percentage of men would consider themselves to have (at least “mild”) cases of premature ejaculation. And in fact, many surveys indicate that nearly 75% of all men wish they could last longer in bed. Editors at Men’s Health – the largest men’s magazine in the world – say that this question – “How can I last longer in bed?” – is by far the #1 question that they receive from their readers.
So you’re wondering how you can last longer, you’re clearly not alone. And without further delay, here are some tips for lasting longer in bed naturally. These tips are divided into two groups: 1) Tips and exercises to do outside of the bedroom, and 2) tips and tricks that you should use in bed.
Things to Do Before You’re in Bed
Two of the leading causes of premature ejaculation are poor masturbation habits (the tendency to rush to ejaculation quickly) and stress (most commonly, performance anxiety about how long you’ll last).
1) Practice Makes Perfect: If you frequently masturbate with the goal of ejaculating quickly, then you should put a stop to that habit ASAP. Instead of rushing, use masturbation as a way to train your body to last longer.
Extra Tip: Many guys (and some experts) recommend ejaculating an hour (or sooner) before having sex. This can be very effective for helping you last longer during the “big event” – however, be conscious of whether you’re racing through your practice round. Instead of hurrying, use it as a means to practice lasting longer.
2) Erase Your Stress: As mentioned earlier, stress is a major contributor to premature ejaculation problems. It’s important to take measures to reduce the stress in your life through a proper diet, regular exercise, and relaxation breathing techniques. When your body is super tense, you’re more likely to ejaculate prematurely because your body is looking for way to release your tension. You’ll last longer if you can stay calm and focused, so it’s a good idea to practice relaxation techniques before you get in bed.
Tips for How to Last Longer in Bed
The best thing to do when you’re in bed is to relax and pay attention to how aroused you’re becoming so that you can slow down before you reach your “point of no return.” If you take the time to practice before you’re in bed, then you’ll be that much more prepared for the big event.
Here are some tips for improving your stamina in bed:
- Stay “in the moment,” and focus on her happiness, rather than your stopwatch
- Use extra lubrication to decrease friction
- Breath out while thrusting in, and in while pulling out
Alternative Options: You can also use sprays, creams, or specialty condoms to help dull the sensation, in order to last longer. Many men find these products to be helpful; however, these products are more of a “crutch” than a cure.
My Advice: The best long-term bet is to train and condition yourself to last longer using the types of relaxation and conditioning techniques described above. The good news is that the vast majority of men don’t need to rely on artificial premature ejaculation products. Most men are able to increase their endurance through natural techniques.